Skip to main content
Library Rules for HSAS Students
- HSAS Students may use the Library until 8 p.m. during the regular college session. Students are allowed to use the library during their lunch period and after school.
- Please cooperate with the Security Guard at the Library’s entrance. Always show your ID card when entering. Your backpack may be inspected when entering or leaving.
- You will be treated like an adult in this Library and are expected to behave like one. Because this is a college collection, we do not permit censorship of our materials. Please make certain your parent or guardian understands this.
- You are expected to behave in an adult manner. Loud talking, inappropriate or other disruptive behavior will result in suspension of library privileges. Please have respect for other people studying.
- As a high school student, you are not eligible to use the Group Study Rooms.
- Cellphones are not allowed in the Library.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Library. You may bring in water bottles. Please use the Library Gallery on the first floor for snack breaks.
- The computers in the Reference area, Computer Labs, Education, Fine Arts, and Periodicals should be used for homework and research purposes only. Word processing is available in the Computer Labs and most computers in other areas.
- Audiovisual materials, available in Fine Arts on the second floor, may be used within the Library. Individual carrels equipped with AV equipment may be used. Audiovisual materials cannot be borrowed.