In English 111 Library Instruction, you will learn about:
- Evaluating information sources (like websites)
- How to find authoritative sources for journal articles and information on the web
At the end of this class, you will know how to:
- Find information about a publisher or journal
- Evaluate the reliability of an information source in terms of the organizations who published the information source, and the reputations for quality and integrity of those organizations
- Evaluate the authority of an information source in terms of the author's expertise, by judging the author's educational credentials, career history, and publication history
- Understand bias and agenda, and detect when there is strong potential for them in an information source.